Nothing says holidays better than “Spiced” and it’s hard to compete with a cream cheese frosting. So you can imagine what happens when you serve “Spiced Cream Cheese” frosting on your favorite cake or cupcakes. These are particularly delicious as a cupcake frosting (our Smashing Pumpkin Cupcakes are our FAVE!!) Enjoy . . .
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 oz. Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla (pure extract if avail)
- 6 c Confectioner’s (10x) Sugar, sifted
- 1 oz. Cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg, ground
- Cream the butter & Cream Cheese
- Add Vanilla
- Slowly Add Sifted 10x Sugar, mixing well between additions
- Add Cinnamon & Nutmeg to taste
Yields: Approx 3lbs of frosting – good for a 9″ round layer cake.