Ahh, we all LOVE our beach and our beautiful SUNSHINE here in San Diego! Newscasters have it easy here, temps average 70-80 degrees with little chance of rain or otherwise.
However… there we were, again in mid-September, with OVER 100-DEGREES hitting the thermostats inside and out, causing harm to our favorite delectable condiment: BUTTER CREAM! But wait, the cake is only one of your worries… What about the GUESTS? The guys wearing JACKETS??? Yikes. Get that guy a beverage fast!
We’ll start a list of tips to help while planning your SUMMERTIME parties… remember these things if you opt to get married in a potentially HOT venue without excellent shade or air conditioning:
Tip #1 – First & foremost: Your Guests. Provide the following to show that you care about them:
- CHAIRS: even if you’re on a BEACH, if you have ELDERLY or DISABLED GUESTS, please bring folding chairs at least for these guests (it’s tough enough that they just required assistance to noodle down the beach with their walker)..
- Large hand-pump SUNSCREEN bottles (or minis handed to each guest upon arrival). Photographers will thank you too – think of the money you’ll save if they don’t have to Photoshop out all of the 1/2-faced sunburns! Thanks for this tip from our Beach Wedding Photography Expert, Lisa G at Elle G Photography!
- PARASOLS to protect your fair-skinned friends from sunburn during your beautifully sun-blazing ceremony (and they’re a beautiful way to add to your party’s style)
- Personalized WATER bottles (FUN!!!… and life saving). Tons of companies online sell custom label bottles with your monogram, photo, or “Thank You for Joining Us!” note . Yes, provide one for your officiant too.
- Refreshing Non-Alcoholic Beverages at the Outdoor Ceremony – Inspired by our dear friend Carmin Cermak of Carmin Design, who makes a mean N/A SANGRIA loaded with sliced fresh fruits, sparkling water, & a touch of juice! A delicious conversation starter at the punch table (keep it covered to avoid bees). You can add the Tequila later… 😉
…More to come in our next post about Summertime Weddings & Events…